Double tap to zoom
A Hard-Working, Versatile Machine That You Can Rely On.
Case IH Maxxum® series tractors combine efficient power with operator convenience. Powered by FPT engines, these multi-purpose workhorse tractors deliver increased productivity, performance, and fuel efficiency to keep your operation running smoothly.
Customize Your Maxxum Tractor to Meet Your Needs
Choose from Maxxum ActiveDrive 4, Maxxum MultiController ActiveDrive 8 or Maxxum CVXDrive configurations to best suit the way you plan to use your Maxxum tractor. Need help deciding?
Maxxum ActiveDrive 4
- Versatile workhorse with an entry-level semi-powershift solution.
- Ideal for tasks all across the farm from fieldwork to livestock feeding.
- Customize with the features and comforts you desire.
Maxxum MultiController ActiveDrive 8
- New ActiveDrive 8 dual-clutch transmission delivers a wider range of working speeds without torque interruptions or requiring manual gear changes.
- Advanced technology of MultiControl Armrest and MultiFunction Handle places most-frequently used functions in one hand for easy operation.
- An optional advanced loader joystick allows you to change ground speed from the controller.
- Outstanding choice for long, demanding days in the field, whether planting corn or baling hay, or around the farmstead cleaning pens.
- Simple-to-operate CVXDrive continuously variable transmission delivers smooth shifting while maintaining power to the ground.
- Auto-shift technology selects most efficient gear ratio and engine speed.
- Excellent choice for loader work and applications on hilly terrain or with frequent load changes; easy-to-use option for less experienced operators.
Efficient Power Engines
Powered by FPT engines with proven Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) emission technology — just like Case IH high-horsepower tractors — Maxxum tractors deliver the efficient power needed to handle the multiple tasks of livestock and row-crop operations, specialty crop production or roadside mowing. Turbocharged 4.5-L 4-cylinder or 6.7-L 6-cylinder (depending on model) aftercooled engines generate 116- to 145-rated horsepower (95 to 125 PTO horsepower). And regardless of engine, all Maxxum tractors feature the same wheelbase to help maintain stability and ride quality without sacrificing turn radius.
Common Rail Direct Injection
The latest fuel-injection technology offers several advantages, including faster throttle response, improved power performance, increased efficiency and cleaner emissions. It also allows the automatic Power Boost feature.
Sometimes in tough conditions — such as steep inclines, mobile hydraulic or mobile PTO or transport applications — you need a little extra power. All Maxxum tractors help you meet those demands without losing speed and productivity by automatically delivering a boost of up to 24 horsepower on the 4-cylinder models and up to 17 horsepower on the 6-cylinder model.
Tier 4 B/Final With SCR
SCR is a simple system that maximizes engine power and treats exhaust gases to eliminate pollutants. The result: Engines with more power, greater fuel economy and increased durability and reliability and longer service intervals. SCR is the most efficient and powerful diesel emission-control technology available.
Maxxum series tractors are available with three transmissions — ActiveDrive 4 semi-powershift, ActiveDrive 8 dual-clutch transmission and CVXDrive continuously variable transmission. Learn about which transmission is right for your operation.
ActiveDrive 4 Semi-powershift (SPS)
Featuring 4 powershift gears per range, proven 16- or 17-speed SPS transmissions are ideal for applications that require less speed variances, such as tillage or other fieldwork. The Eco-powershift transmission achieves top speeds at lower engine rpm to save fuel during transport applications. An auto-shift option allows the tractor to shift within a given range. It’s an excellent way to help reduce operator fatigue during applications with frequent load changes, such as working hilly terrain. Creeper speed — ideal for specialty-crop operations — is available with select transmissions for MFD and 2WD models.
- MFD Maxxum models offer three SPS options:
- 16x16, 25 mph peak speed
- 17x16 Eco, 25 mph peak speed
- 17x16, 30 mph peak speed
- 2WD Maxxum models:
- 16x16, 19 mph peak speed
- Creeper speed is available with the 16x16 transmission on MFD Maxxum models:
- 528 feet per hour (0.1 mph) minimum target speed at rated engine RPM
ActiveDrive 8 Dual-clutch Transmission
The new ActiveDrive 8 transmission delivers uninterrupted torque through more working speeds, faster shuttle shifts and simplified shifting. This 24-speed transmission features eight powershift speeds in three electronically shifted ranges. The middle range offers working speeds between 2.4 and 10.7 mph without torque interruptions or range changes, making it the ideal range for 90 percent of field applications.
- Maxxum ActiveDrive 8 and Maxxum MultiController ActiveDrive 8 (115, 125, 135, 145, 150)
- 3x24 Eco, 25 mph peak speed
- 24x24, 31 mph peak speed
- Optional creeper speed is available
- 722 feet per hour minimum target speed at rated engine RPM
- ActiveDrive 8 transmission introduces new automated features such as smart range shift, memory shuttle, brake-to-clutch and smooth shift to simplify speed selection and reduce operator fatigue
CVXDrive Continuously Variable Transmission
The user-friendly CVXDrive continuously variable transmission provides smooth, seamless speed changes through varying conditions. Featuring the same technology as our high-horsepower Puma®, Optum®, Magnum® and Steiger® series tractors, the CVXDrive automatically adjusts to deliver the desired speed matched to load conditions. It’s an ideal transmission for loader work, baling hay or sidedress applications.
- Maxxum CVXDrive and Maxxum MultiController CVXDrive (models 115, 125, 135, 145)
- Standard CVXDrive: 25 mph peak speed
- Optional CVXDrive: 30 mph peak speed
- Standard creeper speed on all Maxxum CVXDrive models:
- 66 feet per hour (0.01 mph) minimum target speed at rated engine RPM
- Standard CVXDrive split-throttle control
- An easy-to-set and easy-to-use split-throttle design allows for fuel savings during lower power demands. Simply set working speed and rpm, and the CVT automatically selects the most efficient transmission ratio for the desired speed or load — no manual clutching or shifting needed.
- Standard active stop
- Provides a powered neutral that prevents tractor movement, even with fully loaded trailers, such as grain carts or bale movers, on hills or steep inclines.
The Active Stop feature provides a powered neutral that prevents tractor movement, even with fully loaded trailers, such as grain carts or bale movers, on hills or steep inclines.
CVT Double Clutch
CVT double-clutch technology shifts working ranges seamlessly. That helps optimize transmission performance to deliver a smooth ride and high fuel efficiency in all field conditions.
|Model||Maxxum 135 (2018-Present)|
|Advertised Engine Power, Rated, hp (kW)||135 (99)|
|Maximum Engine Power, hp (kW)||169 (124)|
|Rated Engine Speed, rpm||2100|
|Power Boost, hp (kW)||34 (25)|
|Fuel Tank capacity, gal (L)||55.4 (210) std; 66 (250) opt.|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank capacity, gal (L)||10.4 (39.5)|
|PTO Horsepower, Basic / Optional Transmission, hp (kW)||110 (82)|
|PTO Speeds, rpm||540 / 1000|
|PTO operational Type (Independent; Live; Continuous)||Independent|
|Engine Make||Case IH FPT|
|Engine Model||4.5 L|
|Number of Cylinders||4|
|Displacement, cu in (L)||274 (4.5)|
|Engine Bore, in (mm)||4.095 (104)|
|Engine Stroke, in (mm)||5.20 (132)|
|Block Design, Replaceable Liners||Parent bore|
|Aspiration, Turbocharged or Naturally Aspirated||Turbocharged w/ air-to-air intercooler|
|Fuel System Description||High Pressure Common Rail|
|Fuel System Control, Electronic or Mechanical||Electronic|
|Fuel Injection to combustion chamber, Direct or Indirect||Direct|
|Emission and Exhaust Treatment|
|Emission Level, US EPA Tier||Tier 4B / Final|
|Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) w/Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)||SCR w/ DEF|
|Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)||No|
|Cleanup Catalyst (CUC)||CUC standard|
|Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)||DOC standard|
|Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)||No|
|Exhaust Pipe, Vertical stack or Horizontal||Vertical stack|
|Fan Drive Type||Viscous|
|System Rating, Volts||12|
|Alternator Rating, Amps||150 std.: 200 opt|
|Basic Transmission Configuration|
|Manufacturer's Description||ActiveDrive 4|
|Transmission Type||Semi-Powershift, 4 speeds in 4 ranges|
|Number of Forward / Reverse Speeds||16F / 16R|
|Maximum Speed Forward, mph (kph)||25 or 31 (40 or 50)|
|Creeper Range Available||Optional|
|Shuttle (Forward-Reverse) Available||Standard|
|Optional Transmission 1|
|Manufacturer's Description||ActiveDrive 8|
|Transmission Type||Dual-Clutch, 8 powershift speeds in 3 ranges|
|Number of Forward / Reverse Speeds||24F / 24R|
|Optional Transmission 2|
|Manufacturer's Description||CVXDrive, 25 or 31 mph|
|Transmission Type||Continuously Variable|
|Number of Forward / Reverse Speeds||Infinite, 2F / 1R ranges|
|Wheel or Track Configuration|
|Drive Wheels or Tracks; 2WD, 4WD, 2WD / 4WD, 2 Tracks or 4 Tracks||2WD (ActiveDrive 4 only) / 4WD|
|Steering Configuration: Front Steer, Frame Articulated, or Track-type Steer||Front Steer|
|Rear Axle Assembly|
|Final Drive Location and Description||Planetary / Inboard|
|Axle Output End, Flange or Bar||Flange std; Bar opt.|
|Axle Bar Diameter, in (mm)||3.625 (92)|
|Suspended Front Axle Available||Optional|
|Service Brake Type||Wet disc|
|Hydraulic System Type||Open center std.; PFC opt.|
|Main Hydraulic Pump Type||Fixed std.; Variable Displacement opt.|
|Implement Pump Flow, gpm (Lpm)||21.1 (80)|
|Optional Pump Flow, gpm (Lpm)||31.7 (120) ActiveDrive 8; 39.6 (150) CVXDrive|
|Number of Standard Remote Valves||3 std; 4 opt|
|3-Point Hitch Features|
|3-Point Hitch Category||Category 2|
|Optional Hitch Category||Category 2 / 3N|
|Draft Sensing or Lift Control||Electronic, lower link|
|Draft Link Ends Telescopic||Yes|
|3-Point Hitch Lift Capacity|
|Standard Lift Capacity 24 Inches behind pin, lb (kg)||6,990 (3170) w/ 80 mm cyl.|
|Optional Lift Capacity 24 Inches behind pin, lb (kg)||8,945 (4057) w/ 90 mm cyl.|
|Standard Lift Capacity at lift pin, lb (kg)||np|
|Optional Lift Capacity at lift pin, lb (kg)||np|
|Drawbar Description||Category 3, Swinging|
|Wheelbase / Trackbase|
|Wheelbase, 2WD, in (mm)||104.4 (2651)|
|Wheelbase/Trackbase, MFD/4WD or Track, in (mm)||104 (2642) std; 106.2 (2697) opt. front suspension|
|Length, 2WD, incl. Hitch/Drawbar, in (mm)||np|
|Length, MFD/4WD or track, incl. Hitch/Drawbar, in (mm)||175.8 (4465) std.; 178 (4520) suspended front axle|
|Height to Top of Cab, in (mm)||84.6 (2150)|
|Height to Top of ROPS raised, in (mm)||No open ROPS|
|Width w/Tires or Tracks|
|Overall Width, with standard wheels or tracks, in (mm)||98 (2489) bar axle ends|
|Weight (w/Tires or Tracks)|
|Weight, 2WD w/ROPS, lb (kg)||No open ROPS|
|Weight, MFD/4WD w/ROPS, lb (kg)||No open ROPS|
|Weight, 2WD w/Cab, lb (kg)||10,825 (4910) average|
|Weight, MFD/4WD or Tracks w/Cab, without ballast, lb (kg)||11,376 (5160) average|
|Weight, Total allowable, w/maximum ballast, lb (kg)||19,841 (9000)|
|Tire / Track Size|
|Front Tire Size, 2WD||11.00-16, 10 PR F2|
|Front Tire Size orTrack Width, MFD/4WD or Track||380/85 (14.9) R28 R1W|
|Rear Tire Size or Track Width||460/85 (18.4) R38 R1W|
|Secondary Literature Source|
|Secondary Literature Number||TA-1511-18|
|Secondary Literature Date||3/1/2018|
|Status and Entry Dates|
|Manufacturing Status, Current or Archive||Current|
|First Entry Date||9/26/2017|