Double tap to zoom
Ultimate Grain Saving Capability
Case IH has expanded the 4400 series corn head lineup with all-new narrow row configuration options. Completely redesigned from the ground up, the new narrow row corn head is built to match the performance of Case IH Axial-Flow® combines.
Introducing the Narrow Row Corn Head
Choices to Fit Your Needs
- Available in 20- and 22-inch spacing, new narrow row corn heads will help producers pick cleaner, harvest faster and pick down corn better to save more grain.
- Chopping and nonchopping configurations options are available to fit your residue management system.
Achieve a High-efficiency Harvest
- Take a load off your combine with a lightweight head — up to 2,000 pounds lighter than competitive models — that floats over the ground and reduces compaction.
- Separate drive lines power the row units and choppers, providing more efficient power data control and additional protection to the drive lines.
- Power is driven from the gear boxes in the center of the head and split equally to the right and left side of the head; this clean design improves power flow.
Designed For Enhanced Grain Savings
- New flip-up tall-corn attachments are integrated into the other dividers and help prevent loss of corn ears over the ends of heads when harvesting in tall stands of corn.
- Updated stalk roll spiral patterns are now optimized for today’s challenging crop conditions and can handle a wider range of stalk diameters and stalk health.
- The divider profile and hood design aid in smoother crop flow. Then CornLouvers™ channel corn ears and loose kernels into head for enhanced grain savings.
Corn Head Design: Harvest More Acres Per Day
- Heavy-duty drives designed for high speed harvest and high-yielding corn hybrids
- Superior residue and stalk processing with even spread distribution
- Numerous exclusive features, including patented corn saver louvers
- Improved gathering chain and stalk roll speeds for maximum grain savings
- New poly dividers are more durable and provide quick easy access for cleaning and fast conversion from field to road
- Most 4400 series are compatible with 10, 20, 230, 240 and 88, 130, 140 series combines
- The new 4416 and 4418, in narrow row configurations, are compatible with 8120, 9120, 8230, 9230, 8240 and 9240 Axial-Flow Combine models
- 4200 series compatible with legacy combine feeders
Designed for Maximum Grain Savings
- Patented Corn Louvers direct the grain back towards the auger to reduce header loss
- Improved row unit divider sealing to reduce grain loss from gathering chains
- Large open front gathering chain sprocket to more effectively pull in down corn
- Large gathering chains and paddles that allows for large crop volumes to be conveyed to the auger
- Fully Adjustable 16" Diameter Auger with 5" Deep Flighting provides gentle feeding to the combine
Designed for Increased Productivity
- High capacity gathering chains to pull in large crop volumes
- Matched capacity stalk roll to gathering chain speeds for superior feeding
- Large stalk rolls for increased stalk processing performance
- Longer stalk roll knives for wider operating ranges
Case IH Header Manufacturing
- To ensure the highest levels of quality and reliability Case IH has made significant investments into head manufacturing.
- All Case IH 3020, 3100 series drapers and 4400/4200 series corn heads are built in Burlington, IOWA. The 3016 pick-up head is produced in the Saskatoon assembly plant
- The Burlington assembly plant embodies the heritage of Case IH and began building Case combines in 1937.
- The Burlington plant has gone through extensive renovations to incorporate the latest manufacturing technology
|Number of rows||6|
|Row spacings, in (mm)||36 / 38 (914/965)|
|Chopper under stalk rolls||Optional 2-blade|
|Fold for transport||No|
|Standard stalk roll description||Point-to-point knives, 4/roll|
|Optional stalk roll description||No option|
|Stripper plate (Deck plate) adjustment, hydraulic or manual||Hydraulic|
|Cross Auger diameter, in (mm)||16 (406)|
|Cross Auger pitch, in (mm)||22 (559)|
|Dimensions and Weights|
|Outside Width across all rows, ft-in, (m)||19' 2" (5.836)|
|Length, divider points to rear, ft-in (m)||9' 10.5" (3.010)|
|Basic weight, lb (kg)||4,290 (1946)|
|Weight with choppers, lb (kg)||4,660 (2114)|
|Document Number||Manual 47920877|
|First Entry Date||1/21/2014|